Worms in an adult are much more common than one might think. They and their waste products cause significant damage to health and can cause the appearance of various diseases.
Ways to get rid of the problem.
You can remove worms from the human body with drugs or at home, using folk remedies. Each of the methods has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, various tablets and suspensions can guarantee the rapid achievement of the desired result, but contain toxic substances in their composition. Popular recipes have a milder type of action, but they are less effective, and the treatment process sometimes takes more than a week.
Medical methods of treatment.
Anthelmintic tablets will help you quickly get rid of worms. They are highly effective, but these drugs can only be taken after consulting a doctor. This is due to the fact that the action of most tablets is able to remove only one type of worms from the body. To determine it, you will need to pass special tests.
1. Roundworms and nematodes
This group of parasites includes toxocara, whipworms, as well as the well-known pinworms and roundworms. There are many drugs in the form of tablets or suspensions for disposal.
- Albendazole drugs.
- Worm tablets of this type may contain levamisole as an active substance.
- Mebendazole can eliminate roundworms from the body.
- Pyrantel pamoate-based tablets show high efficiency in the treatment of an adult.
- Medicines based on pyrvinium embonate are no less effective.
- Piperazine and carbendazyme are also capable of removing worms from the body.
Roundworms in humans can also settle outside the intestines. Completely different pills are then used.
In most cases, the above tablets only affect adult parasites. Therefore, in order to completely eliminate them from the body and prevent re-infection, two weeks after the start of treatment, it is necessary to take the drug again. In this case, it is very important to adhere to the dosages indicated in the instructions, since anthelmintic tablets have a fairly high toxicity.
Sometimes there is a need for some additional procedures - the use of a laxative or the use of an enema.
2. Get rid of tapeworms
This group includes taeniasis, echinococcosis, coenurosis, taeniasis, sparganosis, diphyllobothriasis, alveococcosis, hymenolepiasis, etc.
To remove them from the body of an adult, it is best to use tablets for worms based on:
3. Get rid of flatworms
This group of worms includes the lanceolate fluke, the Chinese fluke, the lung fluke, the liver fluke, and the feline fluke. Preparations for flatworms must be prescribed by a specialist.
Treatment with folk methods
People often don't want to get rid of worms with medication and use a variety of home treatments. Home remedies are usually less effective, but do not have a strong toxic effect. Also, they can only remove adult worms. And this means that soon the larvae in the human body can hatch, and the problem will resume.
You can treat worms at home in a number of ways, so consider some of the more common ones.
- It is necessary to chop the head of garlic or onion, pour a glass of cold water and leave to stand overnight. You can get rid of worms by drinking the resulting infusion in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be done in small sips. It is better to strain the infusion before use. It is also possible to use the garlic water in the form of an enema, which is done at night.
- Herbal infusion. To prepare it, mix pumpkin seed powder and bitter wormwood leaves in a 1: 1 ratio and pour it into a 0. 3 liter bottle. Next, pour the vodka to the top and close the lid tightly. The product should be kept warm or in the sun. At the same time, it is important to shake it periodically. The drug prepared in this way at home is ready for use in a week. Take it twice a day half an hour before meals (lunch and dinner). The dose needed to get rid of parasites is 50 grams at a time.
- Folk remedies can also help get rid of tape and roundworms. To do this, on an empty stomach, you need to eat at least two nuts a day.
- You can also defeat worms at home with the help of an enema. To prepare it, you must make a garlic or onion porridge and chop the tansy herb. 50 grams of the resulting mixture should be poured into 0. 5 liters of boiling milk. Next, the tool must be infused for half an hour in the wrapped form. After that, the milk is filtered and used as an enema solution. It is best to do it at night.
- A more complicated way that people use at home is as follows. You need to grind 100 grams of peeled pumpkin seeds into gruel, add 2 tablespoons of honey and half a glass of water to them. Use the resulting mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. Then, for three hours, eat one tablespoon every 60 minutes. After the last dose, drink a laxative. After another 1-2 hours, you need to put an enema. As a result, the worms in the body die and are eliminated as soon as possible.
Medicines for the prevention of the appearance of parasites.
The tablets are undoubtedly very effective against worms. But many doctors of our time oppose its use for preventive purposes. The only exceptions are when:
- worms were found in one of the family members;
- there are animals in the house;
- a person very often comes into contact with the earth;
- the child goes to kindergarten, school or other institutions where there are a large number of children;
- family members love fishing, hunting, active games on the beach or just outdoors (football, volleyball, etc. ).
In such situations, the probability of the appearance of worms in the body is quite high. As a prophylactic drug, it is recommended to take a remedy with pyrantel, since it affects those groups of parasites that are more common.
General preventive measures
For those who are used to taking pills only if there is a problem, following a few simple rules will help protect themselves from the appearance of worms as much as possible:
- Maintain personal hygiene, wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- Try to eat at home. It is not about going to visit or cafeterias, but about having a snack in the street.
- Fruits, vegetables and berries should be washed well before eating.
- Meat and fish must be cooked according to all the rules. They must undergo a heat treatment for disinfection of possible helminth larvae.